Public Works Staff will remove tree limbs and brush that are stacked neatly at the curb. This service will be free to all residential and commercial property owners. Weekly pickup will continue until Friday, November 4, 2022.
Below are the guidelines that must be followed by property owners in order for their brush to be picked up and removed by the Township:
- Residents must call (513) 728-3860 by Monday at 4 p.m. to have their brush picked up the same week. When calling, residents can leave a message or share their address with Township staff that answer the phone. Please note, it may take crews up to 7-10 days to remove your brush depending on when you place items at the curb & contact the township.
- The length of the limbs you set out for removal should be as long as possible. Cut them down only to the size required for you to move them. We would much rather have one 30 foot long limb to chip than ten 3-foot limbs. Please don’t block the sidewalk with longer limbs. Township residents are encouraged to stack the brush behind the walk, if needed.
- Do not stack or pile limbs. Lay them at the curb with the cut end pointing toward the street, side by side. Limbs may be up to, but not exceeding, 10 inches in diameter to fit into the opening of the chipping machine.
- Vines and limbs with thorns should be cut into 4-foot lengths and bundled and tied with string (no wire).
- Different types of materials are to be set out in separate areas (i.e., limbs in one area, vines, thorns, and logs in another). Our crews do not untangle big piles of various types of material at each residence. Please use your entire road frontage to set the brush out if necessary, and form a second row if required.
- Materials in storage containers as well as rocks, bricks, pipes, wire, fencing material (split rail, wood posts), lumber, etc., are to be disposed of with your regular trash according to Rumpke’s regulations.
- Small sticks (smaller than a broom stick), twigs, leaves, and other small debris such as this should be bagged or placed in cans for Rumpke, following their yard waste removal regulations. Township crews will not pick up this type of material.
- Logs and ornamental grass generated by residents will picked up on Fridays (weather permitting).